I haven’t been able to write here for some time, but I have been writing elsewhere. Here’s a list of my recent copyright articles, with links. A list of my recent trade mark publications is here, and there’s a full list of all publications here.
- “EU Court Ruling Chips Away At Software Copyrights,” quoted, Law 360, July 2012
- “Customers Can Resell Copies of Downloaded Software; Developers Can Try To Stop Them,” Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP Client Advisory, July 2012.
- “SAS Disarmed by Uncertain EU Ruling in SAS Institute Inc v. World Programming Ltd,” Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP Client Advisory, May 2012. This advisory has also appeared in IT Law Today, Vol. 20, No. 6, June 2012 and was quoted in an article by Society for Computers and Law under the Expert Comment section.
- “The Advocate General considers the principle of exhaustion of rights in downloaded software,” Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP Client Advisory, April 2012. This advisory has also appeared in IT Law Today, Vol. 20, No. 6, June 2012.
- “Into the Tangled Web,” The Lawyer, April 2012 (submitted as “Copyright Pinfringement: Britons Beware!”).
- “Viacom v. YouTube: Second Circuit Plumbs the Depths of the DMCA Safe Harbor,” Bright Ideas, the Intellectual Property Law Section of the New York State Bar Association Newsletter, Vol. 20, No. 3, Winter 2011.